Monday, October 28, 2013

So Busy Planning

This weekend was fairly busy.  A fun busy.  I planned and made all this weeks worth of meals.  All clean.
 (Certified by me)
I did actually stay within the no processed guidelines.

First up---Granola!
It makes the house smell awesome too, so win-win.

My recipe for it.

It is so easy, you can really put anything you want into it.  I doubled the above and used the pumpkin seeds from the ones we carved this weekend.  Specifically "Bob's" seeds.  Ethan named him Bob (super creative), just like our Elf on the Shelf.  Which BTW is planning on visiting soon.  
I can't wait for the kids (or cough....me.....cough
Thanks Bob!

The next thing I made was homemade Velveeta.  Its for a couple of dinners (on broccoli and homemade mac and cheese).  You can use it in place of sliced cheese too!!  It tastes just as good but without all the extra stuffs. You can use it just like you would Velveeta.   

New Creamy Cheesiness--> Which I can now call actual cheese instead of "processed cheese product"
Plus you can used different kinds of cheeses so you can have a bigger selection of taste.  Next time I want to try pepper jack....mmmm


Ingredients --Water, Colby Cheese, Milk, Salt, Cream of Tartar, Milk again, gelatin. 

Here is a link to the recipe.....

This weeks planning looks like this....
My meals are on the top, Brian's on the bottom

In my bags....
Total calories above roughly 1150 + Dinner = not to go over 1482 for the day
(because of dressing for the salad--I'm going to try w/out but it sounds horrible)
Brian's don't have #2, he prefers the microwavable meals.

What about the kids??
Cool it Helen.

Feeding The Littles
I have to approach their eating a little slower.  I really want them to develop good eating habits and not become overweight.  This is an especially concerning point for Olivia.  She is already done growing height wise but if I don't make sure she eats correctly so many extra health problems can occur for her and its just not fair for her, she can't make those kind of choices.  Ethan is super small for his age.  He's 8 but can wear some size 4-5 clothes still.  Mauryn is short but right on track.  She's going to pass Ethan up on weight in no time.

My basic plan is simply not buying processed stuff.  I will make what I can't buy healthy.  That is definitely not to say they can't have treats ever.  I won't be the mama who brings their own healthy snacks to bday parties LOL.  I'll just only give them healthy choices here.  They got to learn how to do it on their own.  

Progress so far:
  • I've switched everyone to milk only for breakfast and water the rest of the day.  So far I have received no complaints.  Score! 
  • Have healthy snacks available for them to choose.  It's seems like if they have a choice they don't complain that they are all healthy.  Ex. fruit, mixed nuts--they love pistachios, cheese, etc.  Give them a choice of 2 eh, they might ask for another option.  3 and they are feel like they are in charge :)
That's all I got so far.  It's only week 2 so I don't expect that much.

Gotta take care of the little's.....



Oh  PS if you made it this far.  I didn't work out this weekend and am taking the weekends as flex days--I stay on my eating plan but just don't calculate the calories.  Much easier, esp when out of town.  This morning I weighed and stayed the same, so I count it as a success.  To stay on my plan I just have to lose 1 more pound by Wednesday.  Fingers crossed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment