Friday, October 25, 2013

Down 3 lbs :)


Yay.  It's working.  Down 3 lbs since Tuesday.  So today is 243.  I totally forgot to weigh yesterday.  I'll post my weight on the days I actually remember to weigh before I eat breakfast :) 

I'm trying to not so much obsess on my weight as much as feel better, workout, and eat clean.  
Note to self -->

So far today I have burned 840 calories.  I skipped my oatmeal.  Instead I ate a small teeny tiny apple --a whole 53 calories.  Big mistake!  I was starving by lunch and added 500 some calories.  I skipped the carbs but still not feeling the best from the change up.  

So yesterday I made burrito bowls for dinner = Layered hamburger, corn, beans, salsa, chips, sour cream.  No chips or tortilla for this carb addict.  Haha!  I measure my success on that!

I made my own salsa, chips, & beans.

Recipe for salsa --> 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can rotel, diced jalapeno, 1/2 limes juice, handful of cilantro, honey to taste (I use about 1/4 cup or so).  Blend in a food processor.  Easy, yummy, clean eating.

Recipes for chips -->  This one is SUPER complicated.  

Step 1 cut tortillas in triangles
Step 2 drizzle olive oil
Step 3 heres where it gets tricky....salt them lightly.
Step 4 oven 350 for I cant remember but right before burnt
Not clean eating so I will have to make my own tortillas and post a different recipe if I remember ;)

Recipe for slow cooker beans --> 
I LOVE re-fried beans but the canned stuff is full of LARD, yuck!
This is easier than the salsa and not as tricky as the chips.  

*2 cups dry pinto beans
*1 large onion, cut in half
*1 tbs cumin
*1 tbs garlic powder 
*1 tbs salt (I dont really salt things very much so you might need a bunch more in the end)
*6 cups water
Step 1 Place rinsed beans in slow cooker
Step 2 Place the two halves of onions on top
Step 3 Throw in all the spices (add anything you want--jalapenos, etc)
Step 4 Cover with the water, leave it on high for 8 hrs. 
Step 5 Mash, enjoy awesome clean eating beans.

For my sister Emily......
Today's eating plan-calories -->
1-Breakfast sandwich-223
2-Small apple -52
3-Egg salad--3 scrambled eggs, 2 serv. shredded cheese (got to break that addiction!), 1 serv. miracle whip
4-Protein shake --> Im excited about this one, if its good at all I'll post tomorrow :)
5-Sausage/Cheese/Spinach quiche, peaches
6- Meh, we'll see, havent really been needing anything.  Just drinkin' my water and Im good.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/BKindel1228

ITS FRIDAY!!!  You know what that mean!!!  Friday = Wine Day :)
I know its not on my diet and...........



Bring It Friday, please be nice the rest of it!





1 comment:

  1. Not that you asked, but a few of my favorite snacks are: apple with natural peanut butter, deviled eggs (mash the yolks with 1 teaspoon mustard and mayo), egg salad made from 2 hard boiled eggs and 1/2 avocado, almonds, plain Greek yogurt with a little honey and nuts if you have the calories for them. :)

    You're doing awesome!!

    ReplyDelete