Friday, November 1, 2013

Carb coma

I did great during the day but I left dinner open for some Papa Johns pizza and a mini butter-finger, 1 1/2 mini boxes of nerds, regular Pepsi, you get the point sugar in every form.  It was only 1/2 worth it.  I satisfied a sweet tooth for a month.  Basically crashed and fell into a carb coma.  It was pretty powerful too.  I just felt sick.  It was 1/2 worth it to get that reminder that I just can not do that anymore, my body was saying "Idiot, there's a limit" 

The other 1/2 was a mental satisfaction I guess, that I broke the rules, I colored outside the lines.  

A rebel.


I did go to the gym for my "goal workout" (that's what I'm calling it from now because anything less is not doing my best) in the morning so I neither gained nor lost weight for today.  It was a tie :)

The (I will TRY to make it my) usual goal workout = treadmill = jog/run/walk until I hit 1,000 calories.  I want to build up so I'm shaving off my time which is 90 minutes right now because I mostly walk.  < I want to do that 3 x a week and 2 circuits 3 x a week with Sunday off.  If I go out of town I plan to just skip it and not worry about it.  Maybe go for a walk with the kids on a country dirt road or hit up my awesome sister in law for some yoga ;)  

So I have been doing the above for 1 full week and staying on my clean eating plan (Except for the pancreas destroying marathon)  and have lost 4 pounds.   With a grand total lost from July of 17 lbs.  (includes all the start/stops and up and downs).  Its a slow process but its a lifelong commitment.  At least its going down not up or staying :)

This weekend we are going out of town.  I am the WORST at eating good while not in the safety of my house.  This is where EVERY single eating plan goes to crap.  I need to develop an attack plan.  

#1 is to drink only water.  I LOVE Diet Mt Dew, always have.  BUT its my downfall.  Its so sweet tasting that I think I must have something salty to go with it.  I cant trust myself with it.  

With a tear I post this....
That is so hard to look at.  

But its gets better after you read what this particular picture was in reference too...
eww, eww, eww, eww, eww  

#2 Pack some homemade protein bars.  Ive made some before and they were soooo nasty.  I somehow made them super salty. lol.  Oh well, trying again with a different recipe.

#3 Eat meat and veggies, skip the bad carbs

#4 Pray my mother in law doesn't cook something amazing.  I'm doomed, she always makes something amazing.  

That's all I got.  It's a start at least.

Now for the fun stuff.............my little cuties on Halloween....

 
A "batterina"

 
A pirate skeleton power ranger

Olivia wanted NO part in dressing up so I give you her dislike of pumpkin guts....

I would have trick or treat pictures but they decided to do a scavenger hunt for candy at home.  Brian and I hid two bags of candy around the house and they loved it.  I actually only mentioned to them that, that's what my parents did for us growing up and Ethan thought it was a great idea.  Up until last night I was fully prepared for a change of heart to go trick or treating.  I'm sure we'll go next year but it was fun this year too :)  

Except for Olivia.  She hates it.  She cried every time a remotely scary mask came to the door for candy.

Today I'm getting a money savings, clean eating, gonna conquer the world list going.  But Im going to have another cup of coffee first. I tried this whole week to go with out caffeine.  Not fun!  



















No comments:

Post a Comment