Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pioneering a balance ;)

Honestly this clean eating is not fun.  I've been really strict about doing this 100 days of Real Food but it's getting irritating.  I always feel snobbish saying I'm eating clean and it's about nearly impossible to do this all at once and like it.

Case in point that Ezekiel bread I bought.  
It does not taste good. 

I love to cook, I want to be excited to cook.  I also want to eat as healthy as possible.  

So to find my balance.....because BALANCE is my main issue with so many things...... 
I am going to switch things up a bit and incorporate my favorite of all things food, 
The Pioneer Woman (http://thepioneerwoman.com),
with my other favorite, 100 days of Real Food's  (http://www.100daysofrealfood.com)

Now the biggest issue with the Real Food's is the use of whole wheat.  I've been making my meals with it (using ww pasta in place of regular) and eating whole wheat tortillas and the awesome Ezekiel bread everyday.

Now I'm not self-diagnosing myself necessarily with an allergy to the wheat but I have had 7 of 12 symptoms listed on here.....
and they have all been super noticeable, especially the asthma, stomach bloating, and my eyes swelling almost shut-UGH!   I've had to use my inhaler at least everyday sometimes 2-3 times a day.  It could definitely be me inhaling the wheat flour as well and it causing a reaction. 

I think I'm O.D.-ing on wheat ;)

So I am going to back off and see if it clears up.  I have no idea what else it could be :(
I am a highly allergic person so it doesn't surprise me.  I once had a skin prick test on my back of roughly 75 items with all but about 5 causing a reaction.  Some hives coming around to the front type reactions.  My mom took me for allergy shots (to desensitize me) and I was too allergic to those to continue.  

So no wheat the next two weeks and we'll see if I am better  :)

Back to the Pioneer Woman, with whom I have NO issues :)  
Her website and pinterest page always make be HAPPY!

Her beef stew and creamy cheddar grits!  I'm definitely making this next week!



If I can whip up something 1/2 as good as what hers looks like I will consider that success.  Now I just have to choose a few.  That's going to be hard.

Last note...I'm down 4 pounds this week though!!  Yay.  The 300 calorie burn workout and healthy eating is paying off.  Now the mission is to actually enjoy it.  :)
My life mantra's are expanding :)


I've got a ways to go......







No comments:

Post a Comment