Monday, November 11, 2013

How the Grinch stole your Motivation

It's cold.  It's cloudy.  It gets way to dark, way to early.
Usually this is my favorite time of year.  Now I'm craving some good old sunshine.
Going to the beach and soaking it up.  Ahhh..
I miss Oceanside!!


Until we get to go back though I better get my butt in gear so I can actually live it up there.  I want to learn how to surf.  Oh yah.  But first I need to get into shape.

First thing first.  I got to get my attitude in check.  
I can't do anything if I allow the Motivation Grinch to control me.

I love the Grinch but he's not going to steal my motivation!  I have 3 plans of action for today to battle the Motivation Grinchs.

#1--Motivation Grinch --> Don't feel like it
Plan: Raise Endorphins

So since I'm on a clean eating lifestyle change I am researching natural ways to up my ENDORPHINS.....

Elle does have a point....

When your favorite opening scene in a movie EVER is this.....

Makes you want to go watch it now huh?  One of my all time favorite movies!

You can imagine my excitement that it is #6 of the "Endorphins: 8 natural Boosters"  http://www.rd.com/slideshows/8-ways-to-naturally-increase-endorphins/

I am going to take the advice of this article and try these ways.  I already know the chocolate one works.

#2 Motivation Grinch--> Nothing good to eat
Plan-Be Prepared

So yesterday I made a few things for everyone to get this week organized.  I will post the rest of it tomorrow because I still have to make a bunch of other stuff. 

I replaced all sandwich bread for wheat flat bread....
Pile O' Flat breads (below)
The recipe...from my favorite website....

I made the kids whole wheat banana bread for after school snacks.
The awesome recipe...
Add some of this peanut butter and oh my goodness...yummy....

and caramel popcorn for after school snacks.

Recipe here...

I even put a whole chicken in a crockpot to make, well the chicken, but also homemade stock....
No picture :(
But here's the recipe

Each dinner is planned out and I'll work on those daily.
I am making the weeks worth of 4 meals a day (5=dinner, 6=protein shake) for Brian and I.  I'll post that tomorrow.  Along with the kids homemade fruit rollups--they take 6 hours so Im doing that today.  

#3 Motivation Grinch --> The Scale
Plan-Do not weigh  myself EVERYday.  
Opt for a "Weigh In Wednesday"

Today's weight:  Down 2 pounds! I'm going to just weigh in on Wednesdays from now on because the daily weighing is annoying and de-motivating. 

Off to make some yummy food and pin Christmas ideas.  I'm going to play some Christmas music today and you can't stop me.  



No comments:

Post a Comment