Thursday, November 14, 2013

A lesson I learned from Ron Swanson


That's my problem.  
I choose way too many things to do all at once and out of pure time restraint I end up half assing a lot of things.  

It's so annoying.  I can't just be obsessed with one thing either it has to be 5 at a time.  For instance this cleaning eating.  I want to eat the healthiest food out there, lose weight while doing it, save money while doing it, make my own bread, etc while doing it....AND that's where I lost it yesterday....

If my family had to live on the bread I concoct we would never have bread.  The stuff I made is not good, like stray dogs might pass it up not good.  I can NOT make bread to save my life.  Not even biscuits.  I can make banana bread but it's boring after awhile.  It's so sad because I love bread.  I'm going to try one more recipe and if it doesn't work I am probably going to call it bad names and yell at it..  Not like it cares but it makes me feel better if I lay blame on the sad looking loaf, what's it going to do, yell back?



My husband is oh so honest in my cooking efforts, nice, but honest.  New things are not (always) "eww nasty what were you thinking" they are "oh, this is healthy tasting".  Except for last nights biscuits that was something along the lines of "I'd rather lick a dogs butt than eat those again".  Ya that bad. 

So my new plan of action is to focus on clean eating until it's under control.  I'm still going to workout but I'm NOT going to count calories, eat pre-packaged diet food, weigh everyday or even at all and everything else that I know won't work AGAIN.

Ok back to Ron...

I have got to learn how to eat vegetables.  So do my kids.  Brian loves vegetables and I never make them because they are icky.  So I plan on trying at least one new vegetable each week until we've tried them all.  I may have to use my food processor a lot to get them in but if that's the worst food complaint I have I think I'll survive.

My first lesson to learn....

Now to see about making that bread.....








No comments:

Post a Comment