Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I finally have a Before picture


I finally have a Before picture that is worth posting.  Not that exciting I know.  It's a starting point (again) and is EXACTLY what I needed to see yesterday when we got them back. 

It really needed to be out there in my face because I really just look at the mirror from my shoulders up.
(I'm not tall enough to see further down without getting on my tippy toes.)
I have been SUPER slacking in the eating to lose weight department.  I've been working on clean eating in the hopes of  breaking my horrible cycle of eating diet foods (or doing the NO-whatever it is-diets) and the giving up because they are just gross and making me feel horrible.  
So I've been researching a lot and switching us over to clean eating and its going pretty smoothly except for that darn bread I can't make.   

This week's cleaner food is bread.

Ezekiel bread because I give up making the beast (for now).

Ingredients
Organic Sprouted Wheat, Filtered Water, Organic Malted Barley, Organic Sprouted Millet, Organic Sprouted Barley, Organic Sprouted Lentils, Organic Sprouted Soybeans, Organic Sprouted Spelt, Fresh Yeast, Organic Wheat Gluten.
Here's all about it in.....

It is expensive ($5.00) but the trade out is we won't eat as much and it doesn't have all that filler in it like our previous bread.....
This is the Walmart "Whole Wheat" bread that's probably about $1.50 a loaf or so......

Whole Wheat Flour, Water, Wheat Gluten, Yeast, High Fructose Corn Syrup Or Sugar. Contains 2% Or Less of: Molasses, Soybean Oil, Salt, Calcium Sulfate, Honey, Dough Conditioners (Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Mono- And Diglycerides, Ethoxylated Mono- And Diglycerides, Datem, Calcium Dioxide, Dicalcium Phosphate And/Or Azodicarbonamide), Vinegar, Yeast Nutrients (Ammonium Phosphate, Ammonium Chloride, Ammonium Sulfate And/Or Monocalcium Phosphate), Wheat Starch, Cornstarch, Soy Flour, Whey, Calcium Propionate (to Retain Freshness), Soy Lecithin. Allergy Warning: Contains Milk, Wheat And Soy. May Contain Traces of Eggs And Walnuts. 

(I'm including all this info, not that anyone cares except me, so I can look back to it and remind myself why I'm doing this)

Lucky for me the kids prefer Trader Joe's whole wheat tortillas to bread at all times.  If they didn't it would be way harder to do this.  I really lucked out on this one.

Now if I could get a healthy version of Nutella I would be in heaven!  :)

Needless to say I hit the gym this morning after seeing the pictures.  
Much less enthusiastic as last time for sure and only burned 300 on the treadmill.  

(Luckily I have this guy for a reason to workout) 
I must include that he is NOT shorter than me (freaks him out lol) he's just sitting down :)


And even more so for these 3 cuties......

So my starting weight for this week: 247 (yikes I went up a few lbs)
I'll weigh again on Wednesday so I have a consistent day to do it on.
My food plan for this week is still the 6 meals (about 200-300 cal a piece) and working back up to 1000 calorie workouts.  I think I'll do 300 this week, 400 next, etc. until I'm burning 1,000 each day.  

I always go full speed or no speed so I need to really buckle down and build this up so it's actually do-able.

I just have to remind myself it's my own mind that is standing in the way.  If I can keep my motivation up and stay consistent I can do this.  Why must I sabotage myself?  Ugh....


That being said....

I think I'll start with a cup of coffee and a conversation with myself that starts out with 
"Suck it up, buttercup"


No comments:

Post a Comment