Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Feeling Free....

Maybe its because I actually stuck with my diet and exercise and saw the pay off.....

Down 4 lbs this week!!  Hit my goal.

Or I've finally decided to accept what I cannot change and just be happy....
But I feel fantastic today.  Not physically but mentally.  I had an awesome talk with my husband (who as always has the answer I need to hear versus the answer I want to hear).  

I have been petitioning to finish up nursing education.  As far as a Masters degree was my lofty end goal.  BUT.....

Reality = I only have 6 years of working outside the home and I would use it all up just staying in school.

Why just 6 years?  Olivia will graduate in 6 years at 21.  



Huh?  Did I just write she will be 
21 in 6 years???????

Yep, and she will be home full time in 6 years.  The thing with Olivia is, she will always be with us, she will always need someone to watch out for her every minute she is awake.  That someone is me.  

I pictured me being all "successful" with as Director of Nursing or some high up level nursing job.  I really did. I really thought that would measure my success, my worth. 

I was enlightened that my definition of success was slightly skewed.  My view is now is straight and in line to ensure a happy life.  That's the success.  A happy life.  Happy husband, happy kids, happy mama.

I am going to apply for the bridge RN and full RN program in January but after that, if I don't get in, I'm accepting that's not the path I should go.

That doesn't mean I'll just do nothing (you know besides taking care of 3 kids ;).  I will work as a LPN until Liv graduates.  I actually am (with my sister, Emily) slowly moving forward with a home business.  I could not be anymore excited about it too!  Sometimes plans change.  Just got to keep swimming.  Luckily its in my nature to adapt and go with the flow.  I'm awesome like that.  ;)

Thanks Dory!


Moving right along.......



Weigh In Wednesday
Woo hoo!  I made my weekly goal of -4 pounds!  Weight this morning was 242.  
No workout today.  Last night my legs were cramping so bad, today they are super sore but better right now.  Definitely shooting for tomorrow. 

So last night I made this.  My kids loved it!
Sausage, Egg, Cheese quiche with whole wheat crust.

The crust is made with 1 1/2 c whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup melted butter, 2 tbs milk, 1/2 tsp salt.
The filling is 4 eggs, 1 1/2 c milk, 1/2 lb crumbled sausage, 1/2 c colby cheese.  
Bake in 375 for about 40 min. 

This would be easy enough to double, triple, etc and freeze for a weekend breakfast or another dinner.  Definitely going to do that!  I'm all about saving the money now.  I'll save that for another day.  

Gotta go get the 2nd little from school.  That would be this cutie--> 



2 hours later and the mood is not as happy.  All I'll say is poop, poop everywhere.  Deep breath, I am accepting this, deep breath, it could be worse, not a lot but some.











No comments:

Post a Comment