Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Slight glitch but made it anyways

Woke up refreshed, awesome, gonna take this day and make it mine.  Then....

Knock, knock, knock ......two little neighbor girls red faced and crying.  "Help, our moms been in an accident"

I probably said "Oh shit" but don't really remember.  Sorry girls for the language.  I get my hoodie on and run across the super muddy yard to see what is going on.

My poor friend is just crying in the back seat of her car, hubby was getting last minute things for the kids.  3 other kids were in the car with her, a couple of them crying just as hard, waiting to be dropped off at school.

I went around to her side to see what happened.  Her arm was tore up, like inside out tore up.  Turns out they were dog sitting and this dog (maybe spooked by the rain?) turned on her.  I hugged her, took the three kids to my house and took all five to school.

When I got back (after my workout) hubby was taking the big dog to animal control, none too happy obviously.  She's back at home and out of harms way.  Thank goodness.

It can happen so fast.  My goodness it could have been so much worse.  It wasn't a little dog, it was a really big dog, like front paws to head up to between my elbow and shoulder big.  Ok, Im not that tall & Im only used to an 8 pound Morkie.

My lesson of the day, thank you God for watching out for her (and it just so happens her husband is off this whole week for vacation--talk about great timing-stinks it's spent this way though)  Thank you God for watching out for my family.  I'm sure on so many occasions we were in harms way but guess what
GOD IS JUST LIKE THIS

I kind of felt guilty working out.  I was super worried for her. I was worried for her husband.  Heck, I was worrying if those kids were going to be sad at school all day.  Then like always God knocks, knocks, knocks and says..
 


So I felt better and burned those 1000 calories yet again.  I was there for 90 minutes but I said screw it.

I am able to do this so I will do this.

Now I was going on pure adrenaline and feeling like I could kick serious butt I forgot my meal #2 but I'm sure it'll even out someday ;)

Oh yah, here is what I had last night.....

This is that homemade Velveeta with some whole wheat noodles.  Yum huh?  I made the whole box of noodles and had left overs for at least two more meals for the whole family.  

I paired 1/2 cup of  that with a meatball ( I made 10 meatballs out of 1lb hamburger), celery stick and homemade ranch (hidden valley ranch packet in some greek yogurt).  That particular ranch dip tasted nasty.....like need to brush my teeth after nasty.  I will try something else ---maybe homemade hummus!

So my goal today is staying on my meal plan --only eating what is already made up for the day.  Exercise is done so I have the rest of the day to sit and rel---- Oh wait I'm a mom.  I need to go pick up Mauryn in about 5 minutes.

Bring it day. 
Tomorrow is Weigh-In Wednesday.  Wish me luck with the scale!





No comments:

Post a Comment