Monday, March 3, 2014

My 40 day Quest....

This week is Ash Wednesday which means Lent is starting.

Lent being the observance of the 40 days Jesus fasted in the desert 
and had to endure that jerk devil's taunting.
It also ends with the Holy week in which Jesus died on the cross, was buried, and rose again Easter morning.

So you know the best part of the Bible.  
The part where you see what Christ did for you so you
could share in the awesomeness of heaven.

Pretty sure there is no one else that would go through all this.  It's sad we need reminders of it but we do.
So I am making this year count.  
Not like the others haven't but this year I'm going to marvel in it.  

Take in the LOVE that was given to me and 
turn it into a projection from me.

This year for Lent I wanted to really make it count.  I wanted to really give up something that is hard to do.

It's a 2-part 40 day "Quest"
A quest to build a better me.
My 2 parts actual compliment eachother and hopefully
they'll last as a lifestyle change :)

Part 1:   
All the "internets".  Email, Facebook, Pinterest, 
and everything else in the black hole of time-sucking hours that I allow myself
to jump into everyday.

I am going to limit to checking all those to only 1 hour.  
Oh wow, that's going to hurt.

In place of it I am going to start reading, like from an actual book.
I love to read and haven't in soooo long.
1 book being the Bible.  Not sure what I want to read for the others.


Part 2:
Clean eating 100%  Monday through Saturday.


You get Sunday off so this is going to be my challenge to do it and KEEP doing it.
A lifestyle change.


Today and tomorrow are serious planning days haha.  I better go prepare.....







No comments:

Post a Comment